Abiding Retreat, 1-3 Mar 2024, Marble Falls, TX
Date: 03/01/2024 - 03/03/2024
Start Time: 5:00 PM
End Time: 1:00 PM
Retreat Type: Couples
Location: 829 Broken Arrow, Horseshoe Bay, TX, USA
Begin with meal: dinner
End with meal: lunch
Joel operated a consulting company primarily serving the manufacturing sector, which rapidly grew to clients such as GE Aerospace, Harris, and Alcatel, as well as Tier 1 suppliers to Ford, HP, Wal-Mart, HEB, and many others. Joel has been exposed to teamwork, leadership, and management in his early experience at a Fortune 500 company. He is a seasoned corporate trainer on problem-solving, team building, master planning, and personality profiling. Joel is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt who used his acquired skill set to train on techniques to improve efficiency, streamline operations, and implement technology. This combination resulted in his clients reporting millions of dollars of positive benefits. Joel’s primary passion has always been his relationship with Jesus Christ. He is a native Texan whose family’s rich history in ministering goes back three generations. He grew up in a family of ministers but pursued a career in business and couldn’t wait to get out into the “real world.” Several years ago, Joel decided to earn a degree in ministry and pursue ordination. He currently holds degrees in Electronics Engineering, Occupational Education, and Ministry. Joel is married to his first and only girlfriend, Christina, and they have three children (son Nathaniel and daughters Rachel and Noel). He and his family attend Christian Family Church International, where he serves on the Board of Directors and as a Volunteer Pastor. Recently Joel has been teaching various topics on faith and business in the CFCI Bible School bachelor’s program. In his spare time, you’ll find Joel reading the latest book in his stack, hanging out with the family, or enjoying his photography hobby.
Please complete the survey (button below) before Mon, Feb 26.
- * We will start with dinner promptly at 5pm on Friday. Please plan to arrive as early 3pm to settle into your room, unpack, and exhale.
- * The last 2.5 hours of the weekend are the most critical and will go to around noon, then we like to finish with lunch.
- * If you are from Central Texas you know March temps can vary widely. Please bring at jacket and pants in just in case, but mostly we will be "lake casual".
- * We may go out to a nicer restaurant Saturday night or Sunday for lunch so come prepared for business casual.
- * We are staying in smaller homes in the area. As we get closer, we will send you specific information about your accommodations (e.g. address, code, etc.)